1. Three AA people under 35 years of age with a minimum of 1 year of sobriety must represent the bidding city reflected in the form of a Bid Committee roster to include age and sobriety dates. This shall include the presenter(s) of the bid to the Advisory Council. They may be accompanied by supporters of any age.
2. Bid Committees must have commitments from at least two hotels, including dates showing availability of meeting rooms in the hotels, and proof that the hotel requires no commitment as to the number of people attending. This commitment needs to be represented in the form of a hotel contract out-lining the costs of doing business. Specific contract requirements can be found in the Hotels 101 documents.
3. Assurance must be given in the form of a letter from the local Intergroup Office that no large scale AA activity (i.e. World, ICYPAA, and Florida State Conferences) will be held in their local AA Area (ie. 1, 14, 15) within a thirty-day period before and a thirty-day period after the conference date.
4. Obtain a letter from local service structure (i.e. Intergroup, District and/or Area) to demonstrate how the bid committee has been involved in service within your local area. If bid committee members have been involved in service outside of the bid committee, please share that as well.
5. Bid committees are required to provide detailed financial records from all committee transactions in the form of a ledger and proof of bank account status with at least two signers.
6. The new host city must agree that 80% of the proceeds after expenses are to be turned over the FCYPAA Advisory Council within 30 days of the conference. The host city is permitted to contribute up to 20% of the proceeds as they see fit, keeping in line with the 12 traditions.
7. Bid Committees must provide a concise statement illustrating the need for the conference in their area.
8. There will be a maximum of twenty minutes for the presentation by each bidding city.
9. Bid Committee packages must be submitted to the Advisory Council no later than 10 days prior to the start of the conference by 11:59pm est. in PDF form, scrubbed and un-scrubbed, to: ; 3 hard copies of the Bid packages are to be handed in to Advisory Council no later than 5:00 pm on the Friday of the Conference.
10. Bid Committees must read, understand and be prepared to agree with the requirements as written/stated in the Host Committee responsibilities.
11. Bid Committees must submit a temporary pre-registration flyer in the bid package and a separate PDF submitted along with the bid package. The flyer is to include the committee mailing address and email, registrant information (name, bid city, phone number, and email), scholarship, special needs, and price. The flyer is not to include conference dates or hotel info.
12. In keeping with our name and the 11th tradition, we ask that our members, guests, and visitors do not take pictures, videos, or recordings of any FCYPAA person, activity, event, or conference unless everyone in it has given consent. Please do not publicly identify or affiliate yourself with AA or FCYPAA in a public format such as the press, radio, film or public Internet.
The FCYPAA Advisory Council strongly suggests each bid committee outreach their respective committees beyond their immediate locale. Seek assistance from The Advisory Council and share business meeting minutes to firstname.lastname@example.org
**IMPORTANT NOTE: Bid books that do not meet the requirements will not be considered in the voting for a host committee. To avoid disqualification, we encourage bid cities to submit bid books 3 weeks prior to our 10 day electronic submission deadline. Bid books not received 3 weeks prior are not eligible for review. Feedback to the bid cities will be received no later than 5 days before the 10 day deadline. Any feedback that was missed by Advisory Council during review, that are caught at conference during deliberations, will not be held against the submitting bid city.**