Your Committee has been selected to act on behalf of the Florida Conference of Young People in AA (FCYPAA). The Host Committee has the chief initiative and the active responsibility in preparing for and hosting FCYPAA’s annual conference. Except in matters affecting other Host Committees, FCYPAA, or A.A. as a whole, each Host Committee should be autonomous. Here the Advisory Council’s attitude has to be that of custodial oversight. With this relationship comes certain specific responsibilities:
1. Return to your city and disband as a Bidding Committee, arrange to have elections (this includes having ready positions, position requirements and sobriety requirements for those positions), making sure that you leave yourselves enough time to outreach the elections in your area. Two Advisory Council members should facilitate elections.
2. Many alcoholics travel great distances to hear and meet with other young alcoholics and to learn how the young alcoholic achieves sobriety. In keeping with this spirit, the committee should endeavor to obtain representation from young people and ensure singleness of purpose of A.A., asking speakers to please be mindful of the 12 Traditions. (i.e. speakers, readers, meeting chairs, greeters, etc.)
3. Nothing outside of the Host Committee’s, the conference’s audio visual vendor, out-of-state YPAA’s, Bid Cities’ merchandise and A.A. approved literature/material should be sold at the conference. Keep the traditions in mind at all times.
4. The Advisory Council will be put on the program for the following:
1. Friday 5pm: How to Bid, Q&A
2. Friday 6pm: Meet-and-Greet with Bid Cities, at their respective bid tables.
3. Friday main meeting: Reading of the Safety card
4. Saturday 9am: The Bid Session
5. Saturday main meeting: Reading of the Safety card and Advisory announcements
6. Sunday main meeting: Reading of the Safety card and FCYPAA Conference banner hand-off
5. The Advisory Council needs to be provided with conference meeting space for the duration of the conference (Fri-Sun), and an additional lockable room that will display/store the FCYPAA archives.
6. The Host Committee must provide a permanent mailing address. This can easily be achieved through the rental of a Post Office Box.
7. At the end of the conference, present the FCYPAA banner to the new host city, traditionally done at the end of the Sunday main meeting.
8. Any activity that generates funds for the Host Committee should be handled solely by the Host Committee at the point of sale.
9. The Advisory Council must review the proposed hotel contract before it is signed. The FCYPAA Advisory Council Chair and the Host Committee Chair shall be the only signers of the final hotel contract. No conference dates or hotel information should be made public until a contract is signed.
10. The Host Committee is responsible for building and maintaining a website for the purpose of receiving pre-registrations, hotel information, travel help and any other pertinent information regarding their FCYPAA conference. We allow hosting through FCYPAA.NET if the Host Committee so chooses.
11. The Host Committee is responsible for providing the Advisory Council with meeting minutes and committee reports on a timely basis.
12. Prior to your conference starting it is required that your Host Committee hold elections for Advisory Council. Two current Advisory Council members must be present at the time of your elections. The Host Committee will elect three council members to rotate on and 3 alternate members. The requirements are six months of continuous service on the Host Committee and one year of sobriety.
13. Each Host Committee is responsible for hanging the official FCYPAA banner and the past conference banners in the main speaker room along with any cost incurred for hanging the banners.
14. The Host Committee will use the FCYPAA Anonymity Statement during the announcement of every main meeting at the FCYPAA conference. In keeping with our name and the 11th tradition, we ask that our members, guests and visitors do not take pictures, videos or recordings of any FCYPAA person, activity, event or conference unless everyone in it has given consent. Please do not publicly identify or affiliate yourself with A.A. or FCYPAA in a public format such as the press, radio, film or the internet. We ask that you are mindful of posting such content on the internet.
15. The Host Committee is responsible for providing conference space and tables at the conference for each bidding city on Friday for the Bid City Meet-and-Greet. Additional tables shall be provided for outreach opportunities for Florida Bid Cities, as well as out-of-state A.A. conferences.
16. The Host Committee will submit proposed budget to the Advisory Council Treasury Subcommittee for their approval.